- UKMail expands Darlington operation
- Trade Park Unit available at Morton Trade Park, Darlington
- Recent lettings to Forces Support and Flooring Worx secure 100% occupancy at North Road Trade Park
- Landteam completes flood diversion scheme in Middleton Tyas
- Middlesbrough snow centre: Ambitious 30m development takes major step forward
Middlesbrough snow centre: Ambitious 30m development takes major step forward
15 July 2016
A thrilling new snow centre is planned for for Teesside has taken a major step forward today with plans being submitted to Middlesbrough Council.
The ambitious £30m development is earmarked for a seven acre site at Middlehaven, between Temenos and Middlesbrough College, and promises to be a major tourist attraction for the area. Extensive plans detailing the layout of the leisure hub have now been put to Middlesbrough Council for consideration.
The plans show a main ski slope and nursery slope, other leisure uses, areas for associated retail, bars and eateries, car parking and a terrace which looks out over the Middlehaven Dock. Among the proposed additional leisure uses are facilities for sledging, tubing, ice wall climbing, an ice bar, trampoline park, indoor sky dive centre, climbing walls and more.
The proposals are all positive news for Middlesbrough and the surrounding area. Landteam run nearby offices at River Court and Edward Speir, director at Landteam, believes "that apart from providing excellent nearby amenties to complement the quality office space on Riverside Park, the facility will also be a catalyst for other regeneration projects and will provide a welcome boost for the local economy in terms of job numbers."